Yesterday we get the story about the Boy Scouts in the news, that the home they have had in Philadelphia for some eighty years yanked out from under them. Well, they do have the option to stay if they can pony up 200,000.00 for rent per year, lets see, 3$ per box of the popcorn they sell, they keep about $1.00 per box so they only need to move a quarter million more boxes this year than last. Count me in , I am good for 5 boxes :).
Then we move on to this nut job and her asinine diatribe about life, some how this is ok in today’s society , you know , diversity and tolerance. PLEASE….
KATHY GRIFFIN, COMEDIAN: A lot of people come up here, and they thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus. He didn’t help me a bit. If it was up to him, Cesar Milan would be up here with that damn dog. So all I can say is, “Suck it, Jesus. This reward is my God now.”
Then ol’ St Nick get a broad side.
· For 75 years, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce sponsored the ‘Hollywood Christmas Parade.’ When it refused to sponsor the parade this year, the L.A. City Council took over, renaming it the ‘Hollywood Santa Parade.’
· The Department of Housing and Urban Development has censored Christmas religious symbols from its housing complexes.
· No Christmas decorations are allowed on school buses in parts of Vermont.
· A Jewish public official in Wisconsin wants to rename the State Capitol Holiday Tree the Christmas Tree, but is being opposed by the Freedom From Religion Foundation.
· Chattanooga has banned a live nativity scene from its public festivities.
· Sonoma City Council has nixed religious displays on the Plaza.
· Voters in Berkley, Michigan have forbidden a crèche at City Hall.
· Fort Collins, Colorado says it is okay to have green and red lights outside city buildings, but only secular symbols are allowed inside.
· After Briarcliff Manor, New York was ordered to erect a crèche next to a menorah, the village elected to ban all religious symbols.
· Residents in Olean, New York are fighting over privately owned nativity scenes being displayed in city parks.
· A nativity scene in front of the Ypsilanti Township fire hall in Michigan has been banned.
· No religious symbols are allowed in Seattle-Tacoma airport, but trees made of cardboard are legit.
· Nativity scenes at Texas Tech are not permissible, but a tree is okay. The official in charge says, ‘We’re not saying it’s a holiday tree, because it’s a Christmas tree, but we choose to do a tasteful tree that really anybody can embrace.’ Great idea!
“There you have it. The multicultural monsters are rearing their ugly heads once again, showing what they really mean by tolerance for diversity.”